The Sailor Scout, Fantasy RPG set!
This is so cool!
Tutorial: how to make organized notes.
- Read the objectives of the lecture. If there aren’t any, flip through the lecture slides and make an outline. This puts into perspective what you need to be learning and what you should get out of this lecture.
- Skim the book to get familiar with how the information is divided compared to your outline or objectives. While doing this, you’ll figure out whether or not you need the extra details from the book. Sometimes the lecture is enough and you could keep the textbook just as a reference to things you don’t get.
- Write down the first objective and flip to the page in the book that has the information pertaining to that objective. Read the lecture slide then refer to the book for details.
- Combine your lecture notes with the textbook information. Do this by rewriting the information in your own words and try to be as concise as possible.
- Keep doing this for every objective. Paste things if it helps.
- Make sure that you’re not just copying information. Use visual aids as much as possible. Put the information in a table, flowchart, diagram, etc.. (refer to this post to see how I make my flowcharts).
- When you’re done with all your objectives, go through the lecture and your notes to make sure you didn’t miss anything.
General tips on how to keep them organized:
- Be systemic. Making objective-oriented notes is one way to do that.
- Use two (or more colors). Color-coding information helps me remember it + it doesn’t look that bad.
- Section your objectives according to the topic. Then make sure that when you’re writing out the information, it’s in a sequence that’s understandable.
Disclaimer: this is the way I’ve been making my notes since I started med school. By no means am I claiming it’s perfect or that everybody should follow it.
Hope this helps and as always, happy studying :)
foxes are the most important animals on earth
im going to keep reblogging this until it isn’t cute anymore
A Compliation of “Ugly” Palettes
About a year ago (oops), I called for y’all to submit the ugliest palettes possible, and here they are! Apparently, people are not a fan of magenta/pink.
The names for these are great and I’d love to see somebody take these palettes and do some amazing art with them.
all done :D!
parenting tip: talk to your kids about mental illness. tell them they might have a hard time. tell them they can ask for therapy and medication. tell them they aren’t alone. tell them if your family has a history of mental illnesses and which ones. just fucking talk to your kids and be there for them.
tell them you’ll never force them to take medication or stop them from taking it. tell them they will always get to have input on their own medical care. let them know how you feel but give them control over their own bodies and minds. help them get treatment when they want it. help them cope when they don’t want treatment. tell them you’re proud of them either way. make sure your kids know that you loving them doesn’t depend on whether they’re “fixed.” help them find support, whether they need it for one night or for the rest of their lives. don’t let them feel like a prisoner. don’t let them feel like illness is a specter hanging over their personality. love them
Guns don’t kill people
Florida kills people.
This is apparently coming out in 3 days.
In 3 days, I’m going to start to be a total jogging addict, I think
I’ve been beta testing it and I can confirm it’s actually the greatest app ever. Full iOS release date is as specified, Android release this Spring.
It’s so intense, at one point during the first mission when radio contact was lost, I could hear them trying to contact me “Can you hear us?!” and I literally grabbed the mic and shouted, “I CAN HEAR YOU WHAT DO I DO?” even though that’s not how it works.
I’m just glad nobody was near me.
Alright yall sit your asses down I’m telling you a story
I have this app and it is one of my best purchases I’ve ever had. It endorses your running and makes you work.
The only downside is that it is fucking terrifying. One time, I was running, and got surrounded by zombies. Groaning and shuffling from all angles. And I have never ran that fast in my entire life. I completed my course(which usually takes 15 mins) in 5. I was also screaming a bit. I got some really weird looks, too.
So, morale of the story: This is a fucking scary app and I recommend it 100%.
I need some money to get this.
I’ll just get in my car and drive
I have several done years of RPing, and this has taken me to countless different forums and, if you are at all familiar with RP forums, let me tell you, they were the lowest of the low some six or seven years ago.
In one of these forums, a legendary tale happened, a tale that, if I can ever recommend one thing to you, it is this:
A story that happened to an anonymous RPer years ago.
Anyone will be able to appreciate it (and trust me, you will), but if you are kinsmen or kinswomen to me, if you ever had to experience the shittiest of RP forums and their terrible userbases, particularly that one guy that does whatever he wants and is an asshole that clearly godmods but gets away with it because the actual mods don’t give a damn, you will find the beauty behind the ballad that much brighter.
Just trust me on this one. It’s not a particularly long read, either.
I hope you enjoy The Ballad of Edgardo
I would also highly recommend these illustrations, they’re kind of perfect: [click].
Too much awesome to be contained.
My character portrait from EVE Online.